What are Grant requirements?
Any U.S. organization with 501(c)(3) status assigned by the IRS can be eligible for a Google Grant.
Eligible Nonprofit Organizations: Organizations that serve local, national and international communities in public health, art, education, health, science & technology, youth advocacy and volunteerism, but not limited to these, are eligible.
Ineligible Nonprofits Organizations: According to Google, organizations are not eligible if the mission and/or activities are primarily focused on the following:
Commercial Goods and Services
- Car, boat and real estate donation websites
- Consumer credit counseling
Communities and Groups
- Programs the require membership and/or provide benefits solely to members, such as clubs, sports teams, alumni, networking and other membership organizations
- Religious content or proselytizing on website as well as organizations that use religion or sexual orientation as factor in hiring or populations served
- Groups serving a primarily political function such as lobbying, think tanks and special interests
- Promotion of illegal or disruptive tactics
- Websites serving solely as a portal or directory
- Websites participating in Google AdSense program
Have a specific question?
Use the Quick Contact tab on the left to submit your question to our experts and we’ll get back to you with answers quickly. We’re here to help!
Need More Help?
Here are the best articles, videos, tips and tools for Non-Profits to get more information and insight.
Video: Short video on Grant requirements.